William’s 3rd Annual Weekend for BackPack Buddies
What: William, a third grader in Raleigh, is dedicating a weekend to collecting food donations for Interfaith Food Shuttle’s BackPack Buddies Program, which provides children from food-insecure homes with weekend meals during the school year. The children receive a backpack containing 6 balanced meals and 2 healthy snacks at the end of every week. BPB supports children at local schools in Wake and surrounding counties. William has talked 10 area grocery stores into participating, as well as a local restaurant. Now, William needs your help!
Where/When: You can purchase and donate food at the following locations:
Saturday, April 18 9am-4pm:
If you want to volunteer to work a shift at one of the grocery stores, please click HERE.
The Food: Allowable kid-friendly foods include:
- Boxed Milk
- Cans of tuna or salmon
- Dinty Moore beef stew
- Canned fruit and veggies (peaches, peas, corn, etc)
- Easy Mac macaroni and cheese containers
- Raisins and other healthy snacks,
- Juice boxes (100% juice only)
- Instant oatmeal
- Soft tops (like individual applesauce) are NOT allowed.
- Pop-top cans are preferred.